[ncl-talk] gsnadd cyclic

G. Hesselmans hesselmans at hermess.nl
Mon Jan 4 01:59:17 MST 2016

Dear Saurabh Singh

Looking at your plots, the problem seems not to be related to the option
res at gsnAddCyclic being true or false.
In the left plot the plotting range for the longitude seems to be 112E
to 120E, instead of 90E to 120E.
Please check the selected column range for the data.

Kind regards, Gerard

On 31-12-15 06:16, Saurabh Singh wrote:

>> Dear Sir
>

> I am trying to plot two TRMM plots for my study domain. In the left
> option i add the option  res at gsnAddCyclic =True while right one
> with  res at gsnAddCyclic =False. I did all this experimenting because i
> got a warning as follows :
>
> *(0)     gsn_add_cyclic: Warning: The range of your longitude data is
> not 360.*
> *(0)     You may want to set the gsnAddCyclic resource to False to
> avoid a*
> *(0)     warning message from the spline function.*
> *warning:_NhlCreateSplineCoordApprox: Attempt to create spline
> approximation for X axis failed: consider adjusting trXTensionF value*
> *warning:IrTransInitialize: error creating spline approximation for
> trXCoordPoints; defaulting to linear*
>
> Now, i am confuses which plot to adopt for my analysis. Please, guide
> me through this, is there anty option in ncl_fildump whic h can tell
> me about the logic to be set for gsnAddCyclic.
> _
> _
> _*Wish you guys a very happy new year, and thanks a lot for making our
> life so easy for our works on NetCdf data. I really adore you guys.*_
>
> --
> With regards
> Saurabh Kumar singh
>
> */P/**/: /**//**/Please consider the environment before printing this
> e-mail/*

Dr. G. (Gerard) Hesselmans
Director, Remote Sensing Expert

Tel:    +31 (0)527 745 073
Fax:    +31 (0)527 745 071
http://www.hermess.nl

HERMESS BV, Voorsterweg 28, 8316PT Marknesse, The Netherlands
Chamber of Commerce number 59154489 Disclaimer
<http://www.hermess.nl/pdf/DisclaimerHERMESS.pdf>

/HERMESS news:/ Weather forecast for all Dutch citizens
<http://www.hermess.nl/weather-forecasting/>