[ncl-talk] EXTRANEOUS CURVES: time-series wrongly drawn- two values for one time

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Dec 15 09:16:54 MST 2016

Tabish,

As Karin said, there's not enough information here.

It is very important to look at your data!  If the plot is incorrect, it's
not always NCL that's the problem.  It looks like your X values are not
monotonic so you must try to figure out why.

To debug this, there are number of things you can do.

One is to simply print the data in the region where the problem is, and
check if your X values are doing something unexpected.

Another suggestion is to plot the data again, but zoom in on the area with
the problem so you can better see it.  You can do this with the tr*
 resources:

res at trXMinF = 23
res at trXMaxF = 27

This might help you see the source of the problem better.

--Mary