[ncl-talk] Why the same scripts with "ESMF_regrid" function met error in mac OS while no error in Windows?

林祥 xianglin72 at icloud.com
Thu Dec 8 08:42:46 MST 2016

Hi, all

       I use the function of “ESMF_regrid” to regard some sea ice data of CMIP5 results. I find that the script run well in the windows (cygwin)

while met some error  in Mac OS 10.11.5 (El Captain). The error message were listed below :

 fatal:The result of the conditional expression yields a missing value. NCL can not determine branch, see ismissing function

fatal:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 2938 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/esmf/ESMF_regridding.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 4027 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/esmf/ESMF_regridding.ncl

fatal:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 127 in file /Users/linx/Data/CMIP5_SIC/sic/esmf_regrid_6_sic.ncl

        My script was also attached for this mail,  I use this scripts to regrid sea ice concentration dataset from multiple CMIP5 model output. I’ve talk about

this problem with Hoffman and thank for his help. But my problem have not been resolved since I just use Mac pro for working and the PC (windows) is not belong

to me (I can let someone test the script in Windows for me, But the major work should be done by me in Mac pro.)

Thank

LIN