[ncl-talk] speidx

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Dec 8 09:38:19 MST 2016

[1]
To be clear, the 'speidx' error was in the original C-code .. not in NCL's
implementation of the code. As noted, subsequently the original author
created a new function written entirely in R. The is no C or fortran
version of the updated code. Hence, no NCL function.  :-(

[2]
Yes. We are tentatively planning to create a self-calibrating PDSI in a
future release. It will be a very useful function.