[ncl-talk] About -lncarg_loc

Cheung zuibeidemei at 126.com
Mon Aug 22 14:53:00 MDT 2016

Hi Mary, when I use the ncargf77 without any "-lxxx", the program can be generated sucessfully.
Thanks for your suggestion!

Best
Cheung

在 2016-08-23 00:13:47,"Mary Haley" <haley at ucar.edu> 写道:

Cheung,

This is a very old library that no longer exists. My memory is fuzzy, but I think this library became part of a "common" library that we now call "ncarg_c".  If you have a more recent version of NCL/NCARG, then you should just be able to use that.

I recommend running the "ncargf77" command without arguments to see what libraries are required to compile NCAR Graphics programs:

ncargf77

This will give you an error about not having any programs to compile, but it's still useful because you can see what libraries are needed in your makefile.

--Mary