[ncl-talk] plotting two variables in the same plot.

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Aug 22 10:09:51 MDT 2016

Geeta,

Please always respond back to ncl-talk for all follow-up emails, unless we
explicitly ask to have the email taken offline.

You have two errors.  The first is telling you what the problem is:

warning:ContourPlotSetValues: current transformation requires trXMaxF to be
within data coordinate range: resetting

I think you simply need to set trXMinF to the actual minimum of your data,
and not some arbitrary value. Without being able to run your script, I
can't tell you exactly why this error is occurring, but my guess is because
your Y axis coordinates are irregularly spaced, and hence that turns your
whole plot into an "irregular" plot. This means you can't arbitrarily set
the min/max values to something outside the range of the data.
The second is that you are adding lat2d and lon2d attributes to your data
variables, but this doesn't make any sense because your data is not over a
map.  You need to remove these two lines:

    RF_fnl at lon2d       =  longitude

    RF_fnl at lat2d       =  latitude

--Mary