[ncl-talk] Error: Couldn't find per display information ?

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Aug 17 06:29:31 MDT 2016

Hi all,

I actually ran into this problem once myself a few days ago. I think it was
because I had logged on to my system while under a particular wireless
network (that required a password), and then I closed my machine, went back
to my hotel room, where I was under a different wireless network.  I then
couldn't run idt until I had logged out and logged back in.

The problem was that my DISPLAY was being set based on being logged onto a
different network, and then it would no longer work once I got onto a
different network.  By loggjng out and logging back in, my DISPLAY would
automatically get reset and I could run idt again.

I don't know if this is the source of the problem, but it might help with
debugging it.

--Mary