[ncl-talk] wrf_user_intrp3d with rectilinear grid, dimension mismatch

Ryan Connelly rconne01 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 12:16:02 MDT 2016

Hi,

I'm using ESMF_WRF_to_rect.ncl to regrid (
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Templates/ESMF_WRF_to_rect.ncl).
Regridding completes fine, but then when i try to interpolate the regridded
variable to an isobaric plane using wrf_user_intrp3d I get:

fatal:Dimension size mismatch, dimension (1) of left hand side reference
does not have the same size as the right hand side reference after
subscripting.

This is a pretty literal error message and one that I've fixed before, but
this time it has me stumped.  I haven't even declared the variable on the
left hand side until this particular line (and I've double checked that by
issuing a printVarSummary and having it throw a variable undefined error)
so how can the dimension sizes not match if this is a blank new variable?

I then decided to be extra super literal and declare a new array with the
right dimensions before calling wrf_user_intrp3d, but the error persists:

(...)
tc_rect = ESMF_regrid(tc,Opt)     ; Do the regridding

; Interpolate to isobaric planes

      pressure = 850.

      newdim = (dimsizes(tc_rect))
      print(newdim)

      tc_rect_plane = new((/newdim(0),newdim(1),newdim(2)/),typeof(tc_rect))

      tc_rect_plane = wrf_user_intrp3d(tc_rect,p,"h",pressure,0.,False)
(...)

I'm out of ideas here.

Ryan

--
Ryan Connelly
M.S. Student in Atmospheric Sciences, Stony Brook University
rconne01 at gmail.com
ryan.connelly at stonybrook.edu