[ncl-talk] constructing grid

Ashehad Ali ashehad at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 16:04:18 MDT 2016

Dear ncl users,

I was wondering if there are some exemplary ncl scripts that shows how to
make climatology grids, such as how the climatology grids for CLM gets
constructed in the first place. For example, if we have the global climate
data (in the h5 format) from MODIS (sinusoidal projection) with some
resolution (say, 250m or 1km) and we'd like to construct 50km x 50km
resolution for only the states of USA, excluding Hawaii and Alaska.

I think it may require the center coordinates of each 50km pixel, as well
as the upper left and lower right coordinates of each. Also, for each
pixel, it might be useful to have which US States the pixel crosses. It may
also require some shape files to extract data for only US.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Best,
Ashehad