[ncl-talk] Hilbert transform

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Tue Sep 1 07:21:08 MDT 2015

There is nothing distributed with NCL: documented or otherwise.

An untested and undocumented simple demodulation function is attached.
It used to be in the  'shea_util.ncl' library but I removed it for
some forgotten reason.

Commonly, a low pass filter is passed over the returned results. This
is trivial for the amplitude spectrum. However, filtering a quantity
like phase can be an issue.

Unless you have theory to guide you, how do you pick the frequency?

===
Filters .. http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/filter.shtml
.