[ncl-talk] ZOOMING INTO REGION OF INTEREST USING WRFUserARW.ncl

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Oct 8 12:18:24 MDT 2015

Afwande,

My apologies if this has already been answered.

I think the issue is simply that the WRF plotting routines make the
outlines pretty faint and hard to see.  They use a color of "gray", and a
thickness of 0.5, which is half the normal line thickness for map outlines.

If you want to see the outlines better, you can set the map outline colors
to black, and/or increase the line thickness to something higher than 0.5,
like 1.0 or even 2.0.

To make sure I get all of them, I usually set:

  mpres at mpGeophysicalColor          = "black"
  mpres at mpNationalLineColor         = "black"
  mpres at mpUSStateLineColor          = "black"
  mpres at mpGeophysicalLineThicknessF = 1.5
  mpres at mpNationalLineThicknessF    = 1.5
  mpres at mpUSStateLineThicknessF     = 1.5

--Mary