[ncl-talk] poisson_grid_fill for MODIS reflectance data

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Thu Nov 19 15:06:47 MST 2015

Hi Archana,
I do not believe there is a set method to help you come up with nscan and
epsx. Just trial and error. Yes, you will want to set is_cyclic to False if
your data is not global.

poisson_grid_fill is a good choice for interpolation as it excels at
filling in data both within data boundaries and along the edges. I believe
it is the favored interpolation/extrapolation routine around here when
infilling is required.

Hope that helps!
Adam

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 6:08 PM, Archana Dayalu <adayalu at seas.harvard.edu>
wrote:

> Hello,
> I am fairly new to methods of interpolation, and am considering using
> poisson_grid_fill to interpolate missing values after I quality filtered
> some 500m MODIS reflectance data (MOD09A1 product). Is there a method to
> determine the optimal values for nscan and epsx? In addition, I am not
> working with a global data set, so that would indicate is.cyclic = FALSE if
> I understood that argument correctly?
> Thanks for any help.
> Regards,
> Archana