[ncl-talk] drawing satellite passes(14 per day)

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Fri Nov 13 12:20:37 MST 2015

   diri  = "./"           ; input directory
   fili    = systemfunc("cd "+diri+" ; ls MT1SAPS*h5")   ; all desired files
   print(fili)
   nfili  = dimsizes(fili)

   res = True                                             ; define once
   res at gsnDraw           = False
   res at gsnFrame         = False
   res at gsnAddCyclic    = False

   res1 = True
       :
   wks   = gsn_open_wks ("PDF","xx1")

   do nf=0,nfili-1                                               ;
loop over each file
         rh  =
         if (nf.eq.0) then
              PLOT = gsn_csm_contour_map (wks, rh, res)
         else
             plot      =  gsn_csm_contour(wks, rh, res)
             overlay(PLOT, plot)
         end if
    end do           ; nf loop

   draw(PLOT)
   frame(wks)

===============

Why are you doing this

 delete(fn)
 delete(f)
 delete(vnlon)
 delete(ulon)
 delete(vnlat)
 delete(ulat)
 delete(vnrr)
 delete(urr)
 delete(rr)
 delete(dims)
 delete(nlon)
 delete(nlat)

If the variables are the same size, they will overwrite the previous values.

If they are not the same size:

    delete( [/ fn, f, vnlon, ulon,......... /] )     delete multiple
variable in one command

or, use NCL's   := reassignment syntax

     urr := f->$vnrr$   ; if urr exists; delete and  write with new values

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/Ref_Manual/NclVariables.shtml#Reassignment

====