[ncl-talk] Wind Profile Plot using wmbarb

Amadou Coulibaly mpapin24 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 08:53:21 MST 2015

Hi NCL users,

I plotted vertical wind profile using wmbarb as showing in barb_5.ncl and
barb_6.ncl examples in NCL web site on Wind Barbs. I got two different
plots. I am confusing about that two plots because of the use of the
minimum distance between two barbs. What is the meaning of this minimum
distance? Are that two plots the same?

wbcrit = 0    ; minimum distance in meters between wind barbs  ??????

Please find attached my plots and scripts.

--
* COULIBALY   AMADOU   *
PhD  Student  on  West  African  Climate  System (WACS)

*Visiting Student - *
*University of Cologne, Germany**Institute of Geophysics and Meteorology*
Pohligstr. 3 / Office 3.102
D-50969 Köln

*Project*: WASCAL (West African Science Service Centre on Climate Change
and Adapted Land Use)
Phone:(+234) 810 795 2836 /(+223) 65 67 27 57 /(+226) 64 57 37 27 /+49
15218352574

E-mail: mpapin24 at gmail.com / coulibalya68 at yahoo.com

"*The time is always right to do right": Nelson Mandela*

*"Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow.  The shadow is
what we think of it; the tree is the real thing" : Abraham Lincoln*

*"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt*