[ncl-talk] A Chinese Student Has Some Questions about ORCA.

薛一迪 1027958839 at qq.com
Wed Nov 4 19:40:12 MST 2015

Dear the NCL webmaster,

     Hello, I am a Chinese student, and I feel very sorry about that I will take your valuable time. I want to use NCL to treat the files which the grid is ORCA025. I find some examples in the website, such as http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Training/Workshops/CERFACS/Scripts/ORCA/ and http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/orca.shtml. I need the datasets in these examples because my files are different from them and I want to know the information of them. The datasets are PSY4V2R1_1dAV_20110531_20110601_gridU_R20110601.nc and  PSY4V2R1_1dAV_20110531_20110601_gridV_R20110601.nc . I do not find them in the website. What’s more, I have attached the information and a script in a word. I want to draw a picture of the vector of the sea surface current velocity. But I fail to do that. This is my first time to treat ORCA dataset. It is a triangular grid. I do not know how to read them. Can you give me some suggestions?

   Thanks for your time and attention. I would appreciate it very much if you give me a reply.

Best regards,

Yidi Xue from China