[ncl-talk] matching latitude and longitude

Laura Fowler laura at ucar.edu
Fri May 29 09:50:27 MDT 2015

Hi:

I have data that are limited between -49.875S and 49.875N. A
printVarSummary of the data gives me the following:

Variable: trmm
Type: float
Total Size: 2304000 bytes
            576000 values
Number of Dimensions: 2
Dimensions and sizes: [latitude | 400] x [longitude | 1440]
Coordinates:
            latitude: [-49.875..49.875]
            longitude: [0.125..359.875]

I want to fill a global array between -89.875S and 89.875N using the
limited array. A printSummary of the global data gives me the
following:

Variable: trmm_glb
Type: float
Total Size: 4147200 bytes
            1036800 values
Number of Dimensions: 2
Dimensions and sizes: [lat | 720] x [lon | 1440]
Coordinates:
            lat: [-89.875..89.875]
            lon: [0.125..359.875]

When I try to fill the trmm_glb data using the trmm data using the line below:
trmm_glb({lat|-49.875:49.875},lon|:) =
trmm({latitude|-49.875:49.875},longitude|:)

I get the following error message:
warning:VarVarWrite: Dimension names for dimension number (0) don't
match, assigning name of rhs dimension to lhs and overwriting
coordinate variable, use "(/../)" if this change is not desired

warning:VarVarWrite: Dimension names for dimension number (1) don't
match, assigning name of rhs dimension to lhs and overwriting
coordinate variable, use "(/../)" if this change is not desired

warning:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 62
in file regrid.to_0.50deg.ncl

Can somebody help me resolve this issue. Is there a typo that I do not
see in the line above? Many thanks for your help.

Thanks,
Laura

--
Laura D. Fowler