[ncl-talk] NCL figure - change colour and thickness of axes

Hannah Christensen h.m.christensen at atm.ox.ac.uk
Fri May 29 07:23:51 MDT 2015

Hi all,

I would like to know what the ncl commands are for controlling axes properties such as colour and thickness (i.e. boldness) of the axes lines, tick marks etc.

I am using the (excellent) CVDP for my analysis, and am just slightly modifying the code such that the figures it produces are easier to see in powerpoint presentations. I have managed to thicken the plotted data lines, but am unable to find what the keywords are to make my axes similarly bold, and black in colour instead of the default which appears grey (e.g. see attached figure).

Thanks in advance for the help,

Best wishes,
Hannah Christensen

---
Hannah Christensen (nee Arnold)
Junior Research Fellow, Corpus Christi College, University of Oxford
Postdoctoral Researcher, Atmospheric, Oceanic and Planetary Physics, University of Oxford