[ncl-talk] contour lines and labels

Laura Fowler laura at ucar.edu
Fri May 15 11:10:34 MDT 2015

Hi:

Is there a way to control the number of labels per contour line. I am
plotting a set of contours that are kind of concentric. The inner
contour has about 8 labels while the most outer contour has only 4. Is
there a way to decrease the number of labels in the inner contour
(that looks pretty crowded) while about keeping the same number of
labels in the outer contour? I tried to change the value of
cnLineDashSegLenF but that did not do anything?

Here are some of the settings I am using to draw the contour lines:

res = True
res at cnLineThicknessF   = 3.0
res at cnLinesOn          = True
res at cnLineLabelsOn     = True
res at cnMonoLineColor    = True
res at cnLineColor        = "black"
res at cnInfoLabelOn      = False

res at cnLineLabelPlacementMode   = "Computed"
res at cnLineLabelDensityF        = 2
res at cnLineDashSegLenF          = 0.24
res at cnLabelMasking             = True
res at cnLineLabelBackgroundColor = "transparent"
res at cnLevelSelectionMode     = "ExplicitLevels"
res at cnLevels = (/4.,6.,8.,12.,16.,20./)

Thanks,
Laura

--
Laura D. Fowler