[ncl-talk] Aura MLS Data

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon May 4 07:54:13 MDT 2015

Re:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/HDF.shtml

hdf5eos_3a.ncl <http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/hdf5eos_3a.ncl>:
Note the '3a'

=================
[a] "How realible the regrindding data produced from ESMF bilinear
interpolation?"

The interpolation itself is very high quality. The data is sparse with many
missing values.
It is your job to determine the "reliability".

---
[2] xp_regrid was for one level (p=0.5). It was provided for illustration.
You will have to loop overr KLVLS (your choice) and regrid.  Create a big
array

       XP_REGRID - new ( (/KLVLS,nlat,mlon/), "float", ...)

Then

       XP_REGRID(kl,:,:) = xp_regrid
  end do

Then write XP_REGRID to netCDF.