[ncl-talk] Convective Temp Calculation

Brandon Sullivan btsullivan91 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 20:43:18 MDT 2015

Hello all,

I am trying to use "sstats.f" that I found here -
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Support/talk_archives/2010/att-2526/sstats.f

I pulled out the code I want and made test.f (attached)

I am trying to use the convective temperature function from there and plot
it on my soundings (testsounding.ncl)

I try to run WRAPIT and it says this

"root at ubuntu:/home/Soundings/Extra# WRAPIT test.f

WRAPIT Version: 120209

A syntax error occurred while parsing:

COMPILING test.f

LINKING

END WRAPIT"

Then, when running my sounding script it says

Copyright (C) 1995-2015 - All Rights Reserved

NCAR Command Language Version 6.3.0

The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.

See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.

warning:An error occurred loading the external file
/home/Soundings/Extra/test.so, file not loaded

/home/Soundings/Extra/test.so: undefined symbol: theta_wetb_

warning:error at line 50 in file testsounding.ncl

Am I going about this wrong? Is there something in the code I am missing? I
have also tried -m64 when running WRAPIT.. Thanks so much in advance!

Brandon