[ncl-talk] Problem with an example

Karin Meier-Fleischer meier-fleischer at dkrz.de
Fri Mar 20 13:31:28 MDT 2015

Hi Mateus,

the error messages tells you that there is something wrong with RANGS/GSHHS files for
the high resolution map. Do you have installed the database files it in the directory

  $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/database/rangs
If you do not need to use the high resolution for maps than you can comment or delete the line
  mpres at mpDataBaseVersion = "HighRes"
or set it to "MediumRes" in the example script.

To install the RANGS/GSHHS for high resolution maps, see

  http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/rangs.shtml

Bye,
Karin