[ncl-talk] "Padding" Y axis tickmark labels to match w/ different number of digits

Colin Zarzycki zarzycki at umich.edu
Tue Jun 23 17:17:06 MDT 2015

Hi all,

It appears (knock on wood) that I have solved this problem -- the trick was
properly formatting the label strings with spaces as the padding
characters, then forcing NCL to have constant spacing between the digits
such that each tickmark label is the same horizontal length, regardless of
the size of the numeric string.

res at tmYLFormat="& 5;*f"
res at tmYLLabelConstantSpacingF=0.95

Cheers,