[ncl-talk] help

george luke otieno gotieno2000 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 00:23:18 MDT 2015

Dear All...am new user in ncl i want to do JJA,MAM and OND plots..the
scripts keeps complaining that ...

the dimsion on left size dont match righthandside.
can someone show whats wrong with the script...I dont know where the
 problem is. I have searched but not able

It complains on this these lines
# ;************************************************
; Compute the MAM,JJA,OND climatology using a function in contributed.ncl
;************************************************
 ; precClm = month_to_season(prec,"MAM")            ; monthly climatology
  prec_ts =prec(time|:,lat|:,lon|:)
  prec_ts = runave(prec,3,0)
  ;************************************************

and on these lines...

# res at gsnCenterString   = season(ns,:)+":"+time(0)/100 +"-"+
time(ntim-1)/100
     plot = gsn_csm_contour_map_ce(wks,prec_ts(ns,:,:), res)  ; create plot

I have also attched the script

Best Regards
George Otieno

Intergrated Climate System Modelling Lab.
Department of Environmental Atmospheric Sciences
608-737, Room 4302, Chungmu-Building
Pukyong National University,
45,Yongso-ro,Nam-gu, Busan, South Korea
Tel. +82-51-629-6643