[ncl-talk] help

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Wed Jul 29 09:02:13 MDT 2015

NCL is a strongly-typed-language. It will not allow

   i = ispan(1,5,1)
   j = ispan(1,10,1)

   i = j    <=== error Dimension size mismatch  x(5) = y(10) ]

To debug: Before the line before error message
   printVarSummary(i)
   printVarSummary(j)
   i = j
The *look* at the dimension sizes of i and j

===
NCL has the := syntax that explicitly allows overwriting

    i := j

===

If you are "new to NCL"

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/