[ncl-talk] wrf_user_intrp3d Documentation

Evelyn Grell - NOAA Affiliate evelyn.grell at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 28 14:15:25 MDT 2015

Phil,

I believe the order of the variables got changed between versions, and the
documentation did not.
I found the following a while back:
In v6.1.2, the order to specify 2 points for a cross section has to be
x1,x2,y1,y2.
In v6.2.1, the order to specify 2 points has to be x1,y1,x2,y2.

You can check by looking at the code in your
$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/wrf/WRFUserARW.ncl

In wrf_user_interp3d:

; set vertical cross section
     if (opts) then
       xy = wrf_user_set_xy( z, loc_param(0)-1, loc_param(2)-1, \    ;
the -1 is for NCL dimensions
                                loc_param(1)-1, loc_param(3)-1, \
                                angle, opts )

where your endpoints go into loc_params.

Evelyn