[ncl-talk] Using med on Large gmeta Files

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Thu Jul 23 10:46:16 MDT 2015

Hi Bruce,

It appears that these codes use 32-bit integers, and thus the 2GB limit.  I
don't know what/how-long it would take to upgrade them to 64-bit.  I also
don't know about the gmeta format, but yes it could quite likely have
limitations.

I'm curious what is your application/requirement for this format (feel free
to reply directly to me if you'd like)?

Rick