[ncl-talk] legend issue with gsn_csm_xy2

Michele Petrini mpetrini139 at yahoo.it
Tue Jul 7 02:46:34 MDT 2015

Dear helpdesk,
I am trying to plot two different XY curves with two different Y axis,
using gsn_csm_xy2. Everything works pretty fine but the legend. I can't
get why I obtain different sizes. Do you have any suggestion?
I attach the .ps file I plotted (the plot I am talking about is the
fourth one); I write below the code to get the plot.

   resL                        = True
   resL at tiYAxisString          = "Variation in bedrock elevation (30-0
kyrs BP) (m)"
   resL at tiXAxisFontHeightF     = 0.02
   resL at tiYAxisFontHeightF     = 0.02
   resL at xyLineColors           = 20
   resL at xyLineThicknessF       = 3.0
   resL at xyDashPattern = 0
   resL at trYMaxF      = -150.
   resL at trYMinF      = -850.
   resL at tmXTOn                 = False
   resL at tmYLMinorOn            = False
   resL at tmYLLabelFont          = 21
   resL at tmYLLabelFontHeightF   = 0.02
   resL at pmLegendDisplayMode    = "Always"
   resL at lgPerimOn              = False
   resL at xyExplicitLegendLabels = "Bedrock topography variation (m)"
   resL at pmLegendSide           = "Top"
   resL at pmLegendOrthogonalPosF = 0.01
   resL at pmLegendWidthF         = 0.4
   resL at pmLegendHeightF        = 0.04
    resL at tmXBMode               = "Explicit"
   ;resL at tmXBLabelFont          = 21
   ;resL at tmXBLabelFontHeightF   = 0.02
   resL at tmXBMinorOn            = False
   resL at tmXBValues             = (/xiso(0),xiso(52)/)
   resL at tmXBLabels             = (/"A","B"/)
   resR                        = True
   resR at tiYAxisString          = "Variation in ice thickness (30-0 kyrs
BP) (m)"
   resR at tiXAxisFontHeightF     = 0.02
   resR at tiYAxisFontHeightF     = 0.02
   resR at xyLineColors           = 21
   resR at xyLineThicknessF       = 3.0
   resR at xyDashPattern          = 1
   resR at trYMaxF      = 3100
   resR at trYMinF      = 600
   resR at tmXBOn                 = False
   resR at tmXTOn                 = False
   resR at tmYRMinorOn            = False
   resR at tmYRLabelFont          = 21
   resR at tmYRLabelFontHeightF   = 0.02
   resR at pmLegendDisplayMode    = "Always"
   resR at lgPerimOn              = False
   resR at xyExplicitLegendLabels = "Ice thickness variation (m)"
   resR at pmLegendSide           = "Top"
   resR at pmLegendOrthogonalPosF = 0.06
   resR at pmLegendWidthF         = 0.4
   resR at pmLegendHeightF        = 0.04

   plot =
gsn_csm_xy2(wks,xiso,brockplot1(25:77),icetplot1(25:77),resL,resR)

   Thank you,

   Michele

--

***
Michele Petrini

Ph.D. student in Earth Science and Fluid Mechanics

Università degli studi di Trieste,
Dipartimento di Matematica e Geoscienze
Palazzina C - via Weiss 1, 34128 Trieste, Italy

Email: mpetrini139 at yahoo.it
Skype: michele.petrins
Mobile: +39 3398367372