[ncl-talk] open more than 15 workstations at one time

Zhifeng Yang yangzf01 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 15:35:44 MDT 2015

Hi
I intend to open more than 15 workstations at one time (likely 100
workstations). However, when I open more than 15 workstations, I got the
following error.

fatal:WorkstationInitialize: Limit reached for number of simultaneous GKS
Workstations
fatal:Unable to initialize layer-Can't Create

And I find the following statement in the description of function
gsn_open_wks.
"You can have up to fifteen PostScript workstations open at one time, but
you can only have one NCGM or PDF workstation open at one time."

Is there any way to open more than 15 workstations at one time?

Thank you
Zhifeng