[ncl-talk] Plot station data with NCL

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Jul 8 14:59:27 MDT 2015

Stavros,

I think you have a syntax error. Your array is 3004 x 5. Remember that
dimension numbering in NCL starts at 0, so to access columns 2,3 and 5, you
need:

  station = asciiread(ascii_filename,(/3004,5/),"float")
  x = station(:,2)  ; Column 3 of file contains X values.
  y = station(:,1)  ; Column 2 of file contains Y values.
  z = station(:,4)  ; Column 5 of file contains Z values.

Also make sure that your "x" values are the longitude values, and "y" is
latitude.

I'm in a conference this week, so not on email much. I will try to look for
further emails and respond faster.

--Mary