[ncl-talk] Regridding CMIP5 files to 1x1 using ESMF

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Jan 22 07:39:52 MST 2015

Hi Tristan,

Sorry I haven't responded sooner.  We're in the middle of an NCL workshop
this week.

Without seeing your data, I'm not exactly sure of the problem, but it looks
like your lat/lon arrays are not two-dimensional. This error:

*fatal:Number of dimensions in parameter (1) of (curvilinear_to_SCRIP) is
(1), (2) dimensions were expected *

is saying that the second argument to curvilinear_to_SCRIP (argument count
starts at 0) is a 1D array, and a 2D array is expected. It looks like your
data might be rectilinear and not curvilinear, so these two lines:

    thetao at lat2d = sfile->lat
    thetao at lon2d = sfile->lon
may not be needed.

Can you either provide the data file, or else include some printVarSummary
information on these variables:

printVarSummary(thetao)
printVarSummary(sfile->lat)

--Mary