[ncl-talk] lbLabelFormat functionality request.

Alan Brammer abrammer at albany.edu
Tue Jan 20 09:57:54 MST 2015

NCLers.

I would like to be able to format a color bar label, without using
sprintf.  It seems that cnLineLabelFormat
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/cn.shtml#cnLineLabelFormat>
claims that it should do this job but for me today it is not making any
difference to the label bar.

Am I missing a step or something? cnLineLabelFormat does it's job nicely on
the plot, but has no impact on the labelbar.

Request:
Existence of an lbLabelFormat resource,  that is potentially linked to
cnLineLabelFormat when not defined itself.

For now I will stick to creating my own array of labels, and pumping them
through sprintf.

Thanks,
     ~Alan.

example code of cnLineLabelFormat not affecting the label bar below:

x = fspan(-5, 5, 100)
data = new( (/100,100/), float)
do y=0, 99
data(y,:) = exp(( -(x^2)/4) - (((x(y))^2)))   ;; quick way of creating some
nice data to plot.
end do

wks = gsn_open_wks("x11","")

res = True