[ncl-talk] Using ESMF_regrid

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Jan 19 14:44:17 MST 2015

Bill,

Unfortunately, this particular binary doesn't contain ESMF_RegridWeightGen,
because the ESMF software requires a version of gcc higher than 4.1  to be
built.

Are you actually running RHEL 5.10?  If you are running something higher,
like 6.x, then you can try the ESMF_RegridWeightGen binary that comes with
a different distribution.

I put an "ESMF_RegridWeightGen" for you to try on anonymous ftp.

If you have wget, you can retrieve it with:

wget ftp.ucar.edu:/pub/scd/haley/ESMF_RegridWeightGen

If you don't have wget, then you can use ftp:

    ftp ftp.ucar.edu
    <log in as "anonymous">
    <Use email address as password>
    cd /pub/scd/haley
    get ESMF_RegridWeightGen
    quit

Once you have the file, make sure it has "execute" permissions, and see if
you can get it to echo the version:

  chmod gou+x ESMF_RegridWeightGen
  ESMF_RegridWeightGen --version

If this gives you a bunch of output, and not an error, then you can move it
to the same location as the "ncl" binary:

  mv ESMF_RegridWeightGen $NCARG_ROOT/bin/.

This will now allow you to do proceed with the regridding exercises.

If it gives you an error when you try to echo the version, then
copy-and-paste the error and email it to me.