[ncl-talk] NCL v6.2.1 on Yellowstone

Jared Lee jaredlee at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 13 11:43:17 MST 2015

Hi, I'm not sure if this email should go to ncl-talk or cislhelp, but
here's my issue. On NCAR's Yellowstone supercomputer, when I have the
module for NCL v6.2.1 loaded, I cannot start an interactive session of ncl
in the terminal. When I load an earlier version of NCL (say, 6.2.0), I can
get an interactive session on the command line. Here's output from when I
have the ncl/6.2.1 module loaded:

-bash-4.1$ ncl
 Copyright (C) 1995-2014 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.2.1
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
-bash-4.1$
-bash-4.1$

And here's output from when I have the ncl/6.2.0 module loaded:

-bash-4.1$ ncl
 Copyright (C) 1995-2014 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.2.0
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
ncl 0>
ncl 1>

As you can see, ncl only opens an interactive session with v6.2.0. Do any
of the NCL developers know what's going on? Have other users on Yellowstone
observed the same behavior?

Jared

--
Jared A. Lee, Ph.D.