[ncl-talk] Get rid of white space between contour (filled rect. area) and the surrounding axes

Erik Jan Schaffernicht eschaffe at uni-koeln.de
Wed Feb 25 04:09:34 MST 2015

I use NCL 6.2.1  and  NCLoutput goes into  a  pdf-file
The command
gsn_csm_contour_map_overlay(wpdf,eof(n,:,:),coastV,eofcontR,coastR)

produces maps where the eof(n,:,:) data  has white space at some borders
between the end of the contour (rectangle) and the beginning of the plot
or map axes.
Attached, for example, the left and the bottom show this white space I
like to avoid.  The top border, in contrast, is fine.

Yes, I use gsn_panel()  later on but I assume that this is due to
gsn_csm...()  or is it a PDF problem?

I tried changing all the four    @mpMinLonF=       @mpMinLatF= (...)
but this only causes the white space to disappear on one border and
reappear on another of one of the four.

Interestingly, the coastline (where I cannot set any
@mp-Min/Max-Lon/Lat-F.   If I  do, I will get a warning) always draws
until the axes, the behaviour that I intend for all input.

Any idea on that?