[ncl-talk] Missing color fill with fixed contour levels

David Brown dbrown at ucar.edu
Thu Dec 31 10:19:08 MST 2015

There was a check-in on 2015-06-24 that addressed this problem with
this explanatory text:

r16255 | dbrown | 2015-06-24 17:02:16 -0600 (Wed, 24 Jun 2015) | 8 lines

NCL-2236: partial fix for constant fill with AreaFill mode set

This works a bit better than the original hack but it is not yet
totally reliable.
It may not work when the data field is bigger than the area displayed within the
viewport (i.e. over a map when the view is limited using map limits
rather than by
sub-setting the data).

======

Note that the AreaFill method was not originally designed to work when
there are no isolines within the visible area of the plot. The fix can
still theoretically fail but it should be much better than the
previous situation.
 -dave