[ncl-talk] gsnadd cyclic

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Dec 31 07:58:39 MST 2015

Assuming that the source TRMM array (P) is 'global' (eg: 60S-60N, all
longitudes);
P(lat,lon)   an

   lonL = 100.0
   lonR = 120.0
   latS  = -20.0
   latN  = 10.0

[1]
If the array being passed to the plot function is not cyclic in longitude
then you use

                                                  ; pass subset of global
array
   res at gsnAddCyclic = False
   plot = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks, P({latS:latN},{lonL:lonR}), res)

[2]
In the following, the full array 'P', which is cyclic in longitude,  is
being passed to the plot function so res at gsnAddCyclic=True (default) is
needed. The following 4 plot resources says to select the specified region
from the full grid and plot just that.

  res at mpMinLatF    = latS     ; range to zoom in on
  res at mpMaxLatF    = latN
  res at mpMinLonF    = lonL
  res at mpMaxLonF    = lonR

  res at gsnAddCyclic = True   ; default
  plot = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks, P , res)

Good Luck

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 10:16 PM, Saurabh Singh <saurabhsingh123op at gmail.com