[ncl-talk] Plotting nam winds on regional map

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 21 11:56:46 MST 2015

Hi Andrew,

Setting "trGridType" to TriangularMesh will not work for vectors.  This is
currently only available for contours.  We have it on our list to do this
for vectors, but it could be awhile before we get to it. However, you
shouldn't need this in your case. You have 2D lat/lon arrays, which you can
generate vectors from without needing a triangular mesh.

Are you getting any kind of error message when you execute this NCL script?

To debug this, I suggest first removing this line, since it won't work
anyway:

       vres at trGridType="TriangularMesh"
and then temporarily commenting these two lines so that the vector plot
will actually get drawn when "gsn_csm_vector" is called, and you can make
sure it looks okay:

;       vres at vfXArray = lon2d
;       vres at vfYArray = lat2d

If you continue to have problems, then it would help if you could provide
an updated script *and* the data file. You can use our ftp for the data
file:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/report_bug.shtml#HowToFTP

--Mary