[ncl-talk] Fwd: Help with creating a script for precipitation stored in shapefiles

Carlos J. Valle-Diaz cj.vallediaz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 13:52:32 MST 2015

Thank you Rick,

What I was referring to in my first question was to make a legend where the
colors are defined in numerical values. That is "light blue" = 0.1 to 2,
"yellow" 2-3, etc... The values I want to present are the Globalvalues of
precipitation. Does that help?

I'll keep in touch if any further questions arise from the other
suggestions you gave me.

Carlos

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 1:48 PM, Rick Brownrigg <brownrig at ucar.edu> wrote:

> Hi Carlos,
>
> As for your second question, I modified your script slightly; the script
> and snapshot are attached. The changes are:
>
> -  added mpDataBaseVersion = "MediumRes", which gives a slightly better
> looking map
> - draw each polymarker twice, once with a solid-fill marker, then with an
> outline marker in black
>
> I don't really understand your first question.  The x and y values are n
> NDC (normalized idevice coordinates), which range from 0--1 across the
> longest dimension of your plot.  Example 11 at the following link shows an
> example of i) getting the corners/edges of the plot boundary, and then
> constructing a label/legend in a particular corner of the plot.  Perhaps
> this will guide, but please write back to the list if not.
>
>    http://ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/labelbar.shtml
>
> Rick
>

> On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 6:33 PM, Carlos J. Valle-Diaz <
> cj.vallediaz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Forgot to Cc ncl-talk...I apologize!

Carlos J. Valle Diaz
Ph.D. Chemistry Student
University of Puerto Rico Rio Piedras Campus
Department of Graduate Chemistry and Environmental Sciences
cj.vallediaz at gmail.com
Tel. 787-764-0000 x88192