[ncl-talk] help

afwande juliet afwandej965 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 01:11:06 MDT 2015

Hello all
I want to make u and V plots together in one plot(overlay)
The Dim size of both U and V component is  (time, lat, lon)

This error is generated when I plot

fatal:Number of dimensions in parameter (1) of
(gsn_csm_vector_scalar_map_ce) is (3), (2) dimensions were expected
fatal:["Execute.c":8578]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 45 in file
83

When I try to reduce to 2Dim  like this

u = a->uwnd
  v = b->vwnd
  u1 = u(:,:,5) ;dimension reduction
  v1 = v(:,5,:);dimension reduction
 wspd = u1
  wspd = (/ sqrt(u1^2+v1^2) /)
first i am not sure whether this solves my problem since the error message
below is genarated...

wind fatal:Plus: Dimension size, for dimension number 1, of operands does
not match, can't continue
fatal:["Execute.c":8578]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 28 in file
83

I have attched my script