[ncl-talk] how to know the nearest grid point (i, j) to a known station(lat, lon)

Will Hobbs Will.Hobbs at utas.edu.au
Fri Aug 14 01:09:35 MDT 2015

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/getind_latlon2d.shtml

Hope that helps

Will

From: grace <313695096 at qq.com<mailto:313695096 at qq.com>>
Date: Friday, 14 August 2015 4:57 PM
To: ncl-talk <ncl-talk at ucar.edu<mailto:ncl-talk at ucar.edu>>
Subject: [ncl-talk] how to know the nearest grid point (i, j) to a known station(lat, lon)

Hi,all:
    I am wondering how to print the nearest grid point (i,j) of wrfout.nc data to a station(lat,lon),such as (35.2,113.6)?
   I want to know the nearest grid point (i,j) to a known station ,what should I do?
  I  know we can get the lat,lon location of  ij location, use wrf_user_ij_to_ll,but how to get the i,j   of lat,lon location
   Do NCL have such function?
   Or do you guys have some advice?
    any information will be appreciated