[ncl-talk] Grib file warning

Jason English jayenglish at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 14:37:42 MDT 2015

I am opening GFS output Grib files using NCL and I constantly get warnings
such as these:

warning:NclGRIB: Unknown grib parameter number detected (241, center 7,
table version 129 grib record 5), using default variable name (VAR_241)
warning:NclGRIB: Unknown grib parameter number detected (250, center 7,
table version 129 grib record 280), using default variable name (VAR_250)
warning:NclGRIB: Unknown grib parameter number detected (191, center 7,
table version 133 grib record 349), using default variable name (VAR_191)

It doesn't cause any problems other than it makes my scripts difficult to
read the print statements that are more useful.  How do we add grib
parameters to the master table? If that's not an option, how do we suppress
these warnings? Thanks.