[ncl-talk] Grib file warning

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Fri Apr 17 15:23:36 MDT 2015

Hi Jason,

[1] These are 'warnings'. The unpacked values are correct but there are no
entries in the GRIB look-up tables used by NCL to create a valid netCDF
variable name; also, long_name, units

[2]  http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/FAQ/

      Error messages:

*How can I turn off NCL warning messages?*

You can add the following code near the top of your NCL script:

  err = NhlGetErrorObjectId()
  setvalues err
    "errLevel" : "Fatal"          ; only report Fatal errors
  end setvalues

This will turn off *all* "warning" type messages, so only do this if you
are feeling pretty confident about your code.

For more information about error reporting, see the documentation for
*NhlGetErrorObjectId*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/NhlGetErrorObjectId.shtml>.

[3] What version of NCL are you using? There are numerous additions to the
6.3.0 version of NCL.

%> ncl -V