[ncl-talk] Lat, Lon map using Ascii file

HAVENER, KEVIN F GS-12 USAF AFWA 14 WS/WXED kevin.havener at us.af.mil
Mon Sep 22 11:05:27 MDT 2014

I'd start with http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/read_ascii.shtml  Example 6 probably is close to what you want to do.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: ncl-talk-bounces at ucar.edu [mailto:ncl-talk-bounces at ucar.edu] On Behalf Of Kunal Bali
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2014 12:40 PM
Cc: ncl-talk at ucar.edu
Subject: Re: [ncl-talk] Lat, Lon map using Ascii file

I have the file which has dimensions 64800x3 as you can below. The data file has 3 variables (Latitude Longitude TotCH4_A). So 64800 is the nLatitude and nLongitude. The data range is from Latitude (90,-90) and Longitude (-180, 180). So now how can i use ascii file in ncl map plotting. and also if possible please let me know how can i convert ascii file to netcdf file in NCL. provides me link ??

ncl 5> printVarSummary(data)

Variable: data
Type: float
Total Size: 777600 bytes