[ncl-talk] plotting rainfall intensity and not accumulated rainfall

Yuqiang Zhang yuqiangzhang.thu at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 08:02:13 MDT 2014

Hi Saurabh,

I think it could be a WRF issue, but I will answer you here.

In supplement for Saurabh's reply, if you have "bucket_mm" option turned on
in your WRF runs, you also need to add the I_RAINC and I_RAINNC

Something like this:

pcp1 = a->RAINC(it-1,:,:)*(a->I_RAINC)*"bucket_mm" + a->RAINNC(it-1,:,:) *
(a->I_RAINNNC)* bucket_mm"

bucket_mm" is the setting in your WRF runs. Usually it use "100"

Regards,

Yuqiang