[ncl-talk] plotting rainfall intensity and not accumulated rainfall

sk sdk0084 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 04:19:46 MDT 2014

may be something like:

pcp1 = a->RAINC(it-1,:,:)+a->RAINNC(it-1,:,:)
pcp2 = a->RAINC(it,:,:)+a->RAINNC(it,:,:)
pcp  = pcp2-pcp1

Regards,
SK

On Thursday, September 11, 2014 12:58 PM, Saurabh Singh <saurabhsingh123op at gmail.com> wrote:

OS: ubuntu 13.04
NCL version 6.1.2

Question : there is a NCL script availaible of WRF users page to plot
http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/Graphics/NCL/Examples/PRECIP/wrf_Precip_multi_files.ncl to plot the accumulated rainfall and tendencies . my problem is i don't want to plot accumulated rainfall but for rainfall rate every 3 hours.

can anyone please provide me the change i have to make in the code to get my desired output.

my WRF output is every 3 hours and i want 3 hourly intensity .

Regards
Saurabh--

With regards
Saurabh Kumar singh

 P: Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail