[ncl-talk] Drawing portrait digram

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 28 22:47:02 MDT 2014

Portrait diagrams provide statistical information about test data relative
to a reference data set.
Most commonly, the reference data set is observationally bases.

Tables are one form of a 'portrait diagram'.
Read: http://www-pcmdi.llnl.gov/publications/pdf/rpt69.pdf

A common approach is to use a taylor diagram.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/taylor.shtml
See Example 8

Read the documentation at the top and the references.
Also:
The taylor diagram needs pattern correlation and a ratio of variances.

Respond *only* to ncl-talk  (no cc)