[ncl-talk] speeding up shapefile masking

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Wed Oct 15 06:26:19 MDT 2014

[1]  shapefile_mask_data.ncl uses gc_inout which can be slow.

[2] You should create a (say) netCDF file which contains a masked variable.
     This should be saved and used in all subsequent applications.
     *This need be done only once.*

[3] Then use this variable (read from netCDF file) and then use NCL's mask
function
      on all subsequent applications.

      https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/mask.shtml

Reply only to ncl-talk. No personal salutation.