[ncl-talk] speeding up shapefile masking

Tabish Ansari tabishumaransari at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 15:03:52 MDT 2014

Hi

I have a script wherein I read-in some data from an ascii file and then
mask it on the basis of a shapefile by calling the script
"shapefile_mask_data.ncl" within my script. My data has approximately
530x980 data points.

Currently it takes around 2 hrs 10 minutes to finish the job. I have to
repeat this process several times. In future I may have to even do this
masking within a loop, which will make it impractical due to its
inefficiency.

Is there a way to speed up this process?

Thanks in advance!

Tabish U Ansari
MS Research Scholar
Environmental & Water Resources Engineering Division
Department of Civil Engineering
IIT Madras