[ncl-talk] NCL coordinates erroe

Alan Brammer abrammer at albany.edu
Tue Oct 14 23:20:47 MDT 2014

Kunal,

Coordinates:
            G3fakeDim0: [-0.04166399..25.95834]
            G3fakeDim1: [59.95834..94.95834]
Are these coordinates correct with respect to the data?   NCL map routines
expect coordinates to have lat/lon relative units .e.g "degrees_north".
Therefore if the data is expect to span 0 to 25N and 60 to 94E, you could
first rename the coordinates so they are a litle more user friendly, then
attach the respective units to both lat and lon coordinates.

!!!!  This is untested psuedo-code it  may not work directly but should
show the general idea to be applied. Please edit appropriately !!!!

VAR!0 = "lat"
VAR!1 = "lon"

printVarSummary(VAR&lat)

VAR&lat at units = "degrees_north"