[ncl-talk] Vertical Cross-Section

jmason at eos.ubc.ca jmason at eos.ubc.ca
Thu Oct 2 14:07:17 MDT 2014

I use this script

http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/Graphics/NCL/Examples/CROSS_SECTION/wrf_CrossSection_add_smooth_terrain.ncl

from the cross section examples

http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/Graphics/NCL/NCL_examples.htm

you can change the pivot point to your j,i index

plane = (/ 57, 62 /); (j,i) index pivot point is center of domain

this should be the plot command to avoid the skewed smooth terrain

  plot = wrf_overlays(a,wks,(/contour_rh,contour_tc/),pltres)

I have attached my WRF x section of wind speed and isentropes, all levels
plotted fine for me.

good luck